Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No Orange Koi, Please


Last Thursday, I checked out the book, A Passion for Design by Barbra Streisand.  For me, the book is an escape and an opportunity to see how Streisand decorates.  One observation by Streisand which caught my attention is that she didn't permit any orange koi in her pond.  Just black-and-white ones to complement her décor. 

I was definitely impressed by that attention to detail.  A part of me was also wondering, Is that too much attention to detail?  Not that I imagine that Streisand is awaiting my interior design advice.

Regarding your home design, do you feel that you are too detail-oriented or carefree in the décor of your home?  Do you prefer a consistent theme or a punch of color for your home's design? 

On a different subject, do you believe that it's Streisand's talent and attention to detail--such as with the orange koi--that has propelled her success?

image source:  tanakawho, flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment