Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getting Aktiv

I came across this post today on StyleCaster.  IKEA is now interested in making single bedroom, eco-living homes for the US market.  According to the article by Jamie Rose, IKEA has been making housing in Scandinavia and the UK for years. 

I gotta admit I am curious about the pre-fabricated homes.  I can imagine myself visiting a model, testing the faucets, and wandering around for other tire-kicking opportunities.  I'm not saying I would buy such a home but I would check one out.

Given that IKEA does appeal to the twenty-something market, perhaps this is a step in the right direction.  When that twenty-something apartment dweller is ready to buy a home, IKEA will be there.

Would you buy a single living pre-fab IKEA home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment